Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dan Auerbach - Keep it Hid




Dan Auerbach's first solo release "Keep it Hid" isn't worlds apart from his work with bandmate Patrick Carney on many Black Keys Albums, but has something extra that makes it stand out. Receiving mixed reviews, I give full praise to Keep It Hid" for its bluesy sound and feel, which works well with Auerbach's raspy voice. Songs to keep an ear out for, in my opinion, are: Whispered Words, I want Some More, Mean Monsoon, and When I Left The Room. If you like The Black Keys, their sound and style, if you lean towards a more rock/blues sound rather than pop, and songs with good lyrics, check out Keep it Hid.

Reviews:
Me - 4.5/5
NOW Magazine - 5/5
The Onion - 4.5/5
Billboard - 4/5
Spin - 3.5/5
Pitchfork - 3/5

The last two are a little harsh I think. Enjoy.

No comments: