Sunday, March 1, 2009

PEOPLE WHO SUCK


Alright, so I guess I'll look like th bad guy once more. What's the deal with Don Cherry? Why does everyone in Canada (seemingly) like this racist, ignorant, bigot? Think I'm being harsh?

Ignorant - uninformed; unaware
Bigot - One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
Racist - a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

All 3 definitions are accurate when describing this man. Before everyone starts losing it and telling me I'm the idiot because Don Cherry knows a great deal about hockey. Fine. I'll admit that, he knows a great deal about the sport of hockey. Fair? What gets me are his comments made on a weekly basis just bashing players, countries, and a players heart. I was watching the game tonight (and going back to my previous post, it was on CBC, so I watch it and happily support my team) and I cringed when the buzzer for the first period rang, because I knew I had to hear that loud mouth. As I was watching this senile old man, I was speaking with Daniel and we (I'm taking it upon myself to lump you in here pal) were shocked at the bile he spews on television. This guy went off on Alexander Ovechkin, arguably the best player we have today, because he celebrates too much. Are you serious? Just because this player is so into the game, and puts himself into it so much and celebrates after a goal is no reason to criticize him. You should praise this guy for adding action and excitement to game that is dying more and more everyday for fans and revenues. Then he goes on to say (I'm paraphrasing here) that people like Ovechkin are making hockey ridiculous just like those soccer players do, and he went on to show clips comparing soccer player goal celebrations going on to how ridiculous it is. Now, its fair to have an opinion and I am in no way saying he shouldn't have one, but to follow those comments up with phrases like, well look at him dancing around. One of these days someone is gonna get really upset and go after him, and he deserves it. Kids don't play like that. He followed up coverage on the BEST PLAYER IN THE NHL with highlights of Jason Strudwick. Are you high Don? You can't begin to compare players of that caliber to players like Ovechkin just because they are Canadian and they don't wear visors. Gimme a break.

Not one person who is familiar with Don Cherry and Coach's Corner can say this man isn't a racist. He bashes foreign players at every turn, refuses to take the time to give these HUMAN BEINGS the courtesy of properly pronouncing their names, and ridicules an entire continent for what he claims is bad hockey. How is this guy on tv? Anyone else would be dubbed a racist, a bigot and ignorant but this dimwit is named #7 on CBC's list of greatest Canadians. This is a man who the people of Toronto and Canada, ran aid when the CBC did not want to renew his contract, this is a man when speaking about Russians is quoted saying "They suck. They always sucked." This is a man, who parents around the country let their children watch and listen to and tell them he is a 'good' Canadian. This man should be on the list of Greatest Canadian Jokes. The more I see him and listen to the nonsense he spews out to millions of Canadians, the more I think of that ignorant, right winged, war totting dipshit Bill O'Reilly and how alike they are. Hey Don and Bill, just cause you both yell to the point that your voice is horse doesn't mean your right.

OK, let the bashing begin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, all I have to say is hes an old guy who has never won a cup as a coach, and it kills me how the media hires these ppl to talk about hockey. Im sorry i know there are great coaches out there who havent won a cup, but im sure they didnt have the caliber of players on there teams as he did during his time as coach, in other words his idea of a winning team and winning players. Someone who takes a team coming off of two Stanley Cups and three first-place finishes in the early 70's and screws it up shouldnt be giving advice on modern day hockey....

daniel said...

pretty much all true. he's such a moron. i think you even give him too much credit about his hockey knowledge because a lot of the time he's so wrong it's funny.

every saturday night he pretty much says that french canadians and europeans are weak pussies. nobody seems to care either. i don't get it.

daniel said...

ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON – Alex Ovechkin laughed off Hockey Night in Canada analyst Don Cherry's criticism on Saturday night of his exuberant goal celebrations.

"He's a funny guy and old guy. He likes old-fashioned hockey," Ovechkin said yesterday after scoring his NHL-high 46th goal in Washington's 6-2 loss to Florida. "He's not interesting to me, so he can say whatever he wants. I don't care about him."

Said Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau of his "idol" Cherry: "Even the smartest people in the world are wrong sometimes, and I just thought he was wrong."

Lead said...

I guess I Wasn't the only one who thought he was being a moron. Take a look:
http://www.thestar.com/article/594994