Monday, October 8, 2007

The Avett Brothers Rocked My Socks


Holy Fuck! If there was one show I am really glad I had the chance to see it was The Avett Brothers at The Horseshoe Tavern. It was phenomenal.
I had a feeling that The Avett Brothers would play well, however, I was equally afraid that their usual enthusiasm would be lost based on the sparsity of the crowd and the crowds ability, or inability, to create the atmosphere I'd assumed they were used to. It was roughly 9:30pm when they took the stage and started out. They walked on the stage and I'm sure they felt a little short changed by the small crowd, but it didn't stop them from kicking the shit out of every song they played. With songs from their new album "Paranoia in Bb Major," "Die, Die, Die," their old albums, "November Blue," "Distraction #54," "Talk on Indolence" and wicked version of "Pretty Girl From Chile" to end their first set.
They came back for two encores of 1 - 2 songs each. These class acts then jumped off the stage and actually went from person to person in the crowd thanking them for coming to the show. Class Acts these guys. They took the time to thank as many people as they could (I'm pretty sure it was everyone there), taking pictures, signing autographs, and just hanging out.
The next time these guys roll into town I highly recommend you take the time to go see this trio because they are fuckin awesome. They put 100% and then some into the show and make it a night to remember.

A+, 5 stars, 10+/10

Thanks for readin y'all
-Lead-


P.S. Be hesitant to bring your girlfriend to the show the next time they come around though. I brought my girlfriend and incidentally nearly lost her to The Avett Brothers and their Southern good looks, manners, and unparalleled musicianship. Hahahaha bye byes

2 comments:

panda said...

at least you guys didn't buy the same shirt this time.

Anonymous said...

just downloaded some stuff and I like it