Tuesday, October 2, 2007

BRMC Deliver Mediocrity at the Warehouse


Last night I went to the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club show at the Warehouse or Kool Haus. Whatever you wanna call it, I'm just used calling it The Warehouse.
Anyway, the venue, for those who've been there, was the usual shit. Empty at first and slowly filled up, which was surprising to me because I never thought they would draw a crowd that large.
They came to the stage at about 10:30pm after two of the worst opening acts I have ever seen. They were awful.
They came out and did their thing and did it pretty well. Only familiar with one of the four album releases they have I still seemed to enjoy myself. As I waited to hear songs off of the album "Howl" I quickly became bored with many of songs as they seemed to drag on like an old man telling you a useless story.
But unlike an old man, they would grab my attention back by playin some wicked tunes like: Aint no easy way, White Palms (kicked ass), and a wicked Bob Dylan cover
(The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll) on the acoustic guitar. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club can kick the shit outta music and get everyone goin when they want to, but it wasn't consistent effort from the entire band last night.
So, with the band
goin back and forth from kickin ass on stage to making me question why I went to the show, I can only say the show was decent, and it'll take a pretty good album or some wicked live bootlegs to get me back to another show. Maybe I sound a little cynical because I haven't familiarized myself with their music, but that really shouldn't be an excuse.

Rating -
C+/B-

-Lead-

2 comments:

Alex said...

i was pretty pissed with the lack of howl in the show, but i would still give it a B. plus a got a wicked t-shirt, which only sweetened the experience.

panda said...

i wasn't there, but i'm giving this show a C based on their terrible band name.